Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sketchy People

Don't ever get involved with sketchy people. I made the mistake of living with a sketchy person for well over a year, and it has cost me many things: namely money. What drives a person to become an alcoholic I'm still not really sure. Is it genetics? Poor life decisions? Unfortunate circumstances? Or a combination of all the above? The effect it has on the individual is undeniable, but look at the widespread impact it has on others. Constant disturbances, "borrowing" of money, the never-ending asking of favors, this was my reality. Not to mention hundreds of dollars worth of food and alcohol disappearing, as well as disrespect for myself and my personal belongings. Having to cope with another persons problems as well as dealing with problems of my own was draining to say the least, and although I am no longer in that situation I am still dealing with the stress. When someone owes you hundreds of dollars and just keeps blowing you off every time you ask them about it, it really wears at your patience. What do you do? Do you just write off all that money which is rightfully yours, or move on with your life? Here's what you do: don't ever get involved with sketchy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment